MAC Miss Cupcake/Tomato Studio QuikTrik Stick ($32.00 for 0.42 oz.) is double-ended, cream-based stick that’s supposed to work for highlighting, contouring, bronzing, or blushing. It is supposed to have buildable, blendable color and can be worn over bare skin or foundation. One side is more shimmery, while the other is darker and more natural (but still has a sheen from the creamier consistency) in finish.
The formula applies well to bare skin or over liquid foundation, as it is very emollient, blendable, and easy to spread across the skin, but I notice that it seemed to break up my foundation a bit after six hours of wear. The pigmentation was semi-sheer, buildable up to semi-opaque coverage. The downside to the formula is that both shades remained lightly tacky with a moderately dewy finish, and, unsurprisingly, the wear time was shorter at six hours. I get better wear (an extra hour or two) if I lightly pat translucent powder on top or pair with a similarly-hued powder blush. The finish is lovely if you like a dewier finish–they reminded me of the type of products I’d reach for in the summer to pat over bare skin.
LELimited Edition. $32.00.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this duo, along with individual photos and swatches…
Miss Cupcake is a soft, light-medium coral with warm, peachy undertones and fine gold pearl. It had semi-sheer, buildable (up to semi-opaque) coverage with a thin, lightly tacky texture that was noticeably glossy on the skin and dried down a bit from there, but it always remained dewy on the skin. The color lasted just over six hours on my skin before it started to look patchier.
- NARS Vu (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Papa Don't Peach (P, $30.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Tarte Beat (-, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Megeve (Blush) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fireball (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Infinite Flush (LE, $40.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Solar Exposure (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Luminous Glow (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
- Cover FX Soft Peach (Right) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Love Lust (P, $60.00) is less shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
Tomato is a slightly muted, medium orange with warm, reddish undertones and a mostly satin sheen. This one didn’t read as glossy on the skin, but it still had a light-to-moderate dewy finish. The texture was lightly creamy and tacky on the skin and never fully dried down. This shade lasted a little longer at six and a half hours before it started to break down/turn patchy on me.
- ColourPop Under Pressure (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, less glossy (95% similar).
- Too Faced Ginger Peach (P, $30.00) is lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- MAC Peaches 'n' Dreams (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Persimmon (P, $60.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Groovy (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Early Morning (LE, $29.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Teleport (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Phytosurgence Ember (P, $17.07) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Reflex (82) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Chanel Frivole (P, $45.00) is less glossy (90% similar).