Le Lion de Chanel
Chanel Le Lion de Chanel Lie Signe du Lion Illuminating Powder ($70.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium, golden peach with warm, orange undertones and a sparkling, luminous sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a moderate sheen that intensified to more metallic when worn at full coverage. Per the brand, they said to “build coverage for a more intense highlighting effect,” which was fairly accurate; I’d just say it was more of a moderate glow at semi-sheer to medium coverage, not “subtle” as suggested. The powder was smooth to the touch, denser and firmer but not stiff or difficult to diffuse and blend out on my skin. I would recommend using a moderately dense blush or highlighting brush to pick up product from the pan, though. It applied evenly to bare skin and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours before it started to fade on me.
- Smashbox Shimmer (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Milani Dayglow (P, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Highly Waisted (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Taffy (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Beauty Beam #3 (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Queen (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Last Call (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Illuminator (P, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Highlighter (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!