Mull It Over
MAC Mull It Over Powder Kiss Lipstick ($19.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a muted, medium rosy coral with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had semi-opaque color payoff that applied fairly evenly to my lips, though it had enough slip that the color sank into my lip lines noticeably and some of the product clung noticeably to imperfections on my lips (which I hadn’t seen prior, as I had exfoliated prior to doing the swatches!). It had a lightweight, velvety consistency with noticeable slip that helped it glide across my lips without tugging. It wore well for three hours and was slightly hydrating.
- Dior Ultra Lively (450) (P, $37.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Sike (LE, $5.50) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Double Dare (P, $20.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Julia (LE, $20.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Jacquard (P, $6.50) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Age of Consent (P, $54.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Instigator (LE, $6.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Come Up (P, $6.50) is lighter, brighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Wired (P, $18.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Sephora First Date (70) (P, $14.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$19.00/0.10 oz. - $190.00 Per Ounce
MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick ($19.00 for 0.10 oz.) is supposed to feel "weightless" with a "blur of effortless soft-focus color." Per the brand, the formula "provides immediate and long-term hydration" while "blur[ring] lines and smooth[ing] lips" and having "zero-shine." They have a bit of shine and slip; I wouldn't call them zero-shine so much as very smooth and more like a natural or soft matte finish. Like any finish with slight shine, they did wear down to a more, flat matte finish within an hour or so of wear. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and velvety with a bit of slip (a little like a silicone primer to me) and was comfortable to wear with a non-drying to lightly hydrating feel.
The pigmentation ranged from semi-opaque to opaque with deeper shades having more coverage. There were a few very light shades, which did not apply as evenly and had a tendency to catch on any imperfections on my lips, whereas the deeper shades went on more smoothly and looked more flattering on as they were less likely to emphasize texture. They lasted between two and a half and six hours with deeper shades, unsurprisingly, lasting longer than the ultra-light ones.
I personally found the scent of these to be noticeably different, both that it was sweeter and less vanilla-based but I also got a strong rubber scent that came through. The scent did not linger for long, so it wasn't something that I detected throughout the wear, but it had a strong, sweet taste that was present until it was gone. Other readers who have smelled the formula in person did not catch any rubber/off-putting scent (my husband thought it smelled weird, not bad per se, but couldn't be more specific), and when I went back to double check each shade, each one of mine still had that rubbery note.
Browse all of our MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick swatches.