ColourPop Sugarcoated Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to semi-opaque applied with a brush, and semi-opaque, buildable coverage when applied with fingertips.
The texture had that velvety-smooth feel to it, where it didn’t have any wetness to it, but it had some glide (almost like a silicone-based primer). It was easier to apply and disperse the product and get more blended edges using fingertips over a brush, as the latter gave slightly uneven application. The blush stayed on well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Exhibitionist (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Live (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Unwritten (LE, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Exposed (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Crescendo (250) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Hot Pursuit (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Quintessence (440) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Kosas Longitude Zero (Blush) (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Jouer Kiss Me (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.