Colour Pop Simply Sweet Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft, pinky coral with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had sheer coverage applied with a brush that was buildable to semi-sheer coverage, while application with a fingertip yielded medium coverage.
The texture was smooth to the touch, denser, and more like a velvety primer, where it feel wet or emollient but wasn’t dried down. I find that application with the more matte Super Shock Cheek shades to be a bit less forgiving, especially over base products. This shade applied best with fingertips as the warmth helped to make the product more movable and easier to work with; brush application was hard to control and even out. It wore well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Guerlain Ors et Merveilles #6 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Smashbox Petunia (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chantecaille Bliss (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Tinge (PiP, $23.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Catrice La Vie En Rose (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Delilah (Light) (DC, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Jouer Rose Petal (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Enchanted (LE, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Sunset (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.