Tom Ford Beauty Lost Cherry Lip Color ($60.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a rich, deeper red with very cool undertones that gave it more of a raspberry red hue. I found it appeared redder (less pink) on my lips, though, as it was nearly opaque. The consistency was lightly creamy, smooth, and comfortable to apply and to wear. There was faint pearl in the finish that was so fine that I wasn’t quite sure I saw it when I swatched it initially but could see the luminosity on my lips clearly. It wore well for five and a half hours and was hydrating.
This shade is limited edition, and it has popped up at retailers over the last couple of weeks and then sold out quickly; looks like Beautylish has it!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Daenerys Targaryen (LE, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Cherry Lush (P, $55.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Hot Like (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Authentic Red (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Rouge Saphir (821) (DC, $58.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Tony (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain #25 (P, $33.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Sour Cherry (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Blood Rush (P, $40.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Como La Flor (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$55.00/0.1 oz. - $550.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have an "ultra-creamy texture" with "smooth application" that will deliver "pure color." The lipstick tends to have semi-opaque to opaque coverage with a natural to luminous finish with some shades with very fine pearl and others with more metallic shimmer. The consistency is typically creamy, lightweight, and has moderate slip, which makes it comfortable to wear and to apply but is not the most long-lasting lipstick formula. The wear tends to range between four and six hours with some shades performing above and below that range. There's a vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color swatches.