Colour Pop Mija Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color payoff that applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without sinking into my lip lines. The consistency was lightly creamy, smooth, and thin without being watery, which helped it spread well across my lips. It stayed on nicely for five and a half hours and was non-drying.
- Tom Ford Beauty Universal Appeal (P, $54.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Hazelnut (DC, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Gemini (Left) (LE, $26.00) is lighter, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarte Rose (P, $20.00) is lighter, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass I Woke Up (P, $34.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Dose of Colors Peachii (LE, $18.00) (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Appy (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Boca (LE, $18.50) is lighter, more muted (85% similar).
- Dose of Colors Hey Girl (LE, $16.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Sephora Warm Nude (75) (P, $14.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$6.50/0.11 oz. - $59.09 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a “lightweight, bold lipstick with a satin finish”liquid lipstick that is “extra intense colour saturation” and “long-wearing,” but the brand is quick to note that it is “not completely kiss proof.” The consistency is very light to lightweight with a thin to mousse-like consistency–they feel a little heavier going on than the Ultra Matte formula, but they don’t feel heavy on. They dry down somewhat, but it isn’t a full, flat dry down like matte liquid lipsticks, and when you press your lips together, there is moderate tackiness there, but I didn’t notice any lifting or separating of color by doing so.
They have been extremely long-wearing and comfortable to wear for the most part–it’s after ten hours or so that I notice my lips feeling a little dry–but six hours into wear and the colors have looked good post-meals/post-drinking. I think if you like the idea of longer-wearing, mostly matte lip color but find most liquid lipsticks too drying or too flat while not needing an ultra-hydrating formula, you might like these.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick swatches.