Nude Beige (201)
Burberry Nude Beige (201) Kisses Sheer Lipstick ($34.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a soft peach with warm, orange undertones and a creamy, lightly glossy finish. It had buildable coverage from sheer to medium, but it didn’t get much more opaque than that. The texture felt smooth, lightweight, and creamy enough to go on without feeling too slippery, but this shade slipped into all of my lip lines and emphasized my lip texture. It lasted for two and a half hours on me but was, at least, hydrating.
- MAC Petulance (LE, $18.50) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Dandy Apple (LE, $18.50) is less shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Topless (P, $22.00) is lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Hourglass Believer (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented (85% similar).
- MAC Bite o' Georgia (P, $21.00) is more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Donatella (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented, less glossy (85% similar).
- Too Faced Send Nudes (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Smashbox Famous (PiP, $21.00) is darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Café (DC, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Sweet & Sour (P, $18.50) is less shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$34.00/0.11 oz. - $309.09 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable colour" with a "satin finish" and "continuous hydration." They have medium, buildable coverage with some shades having more semi-opaque, buildable coverage. I found that "a layer" depended on the shade, as some seemed to go on more heavily--and looked more like a cream finish--and others were more emollient, a bit thinner, and translucent and had more of a stained-like finish. The brand recommended "two to three" layers for more "intense depth and vibrancy." For all swatches, I applied two layers, and in each shade's respective review, you'll find the coverage range described. Generally speaking, though, they definitely were ultra-sheer in one layer; two layers was only needed for more opaque coverage with most shades.
The consistency was more emollient with noticeable slip, which made it easy to apply across my lips, but they can feel like they're melting as you apply. In my experience, this can lead to over-applying product, so it's just something I'm more aware of while applying this type of formula to ensure that I don't layer on too much product. Most shades applied evenly, but a fair number of them had slight settling--the kind that I can see in the close-up photos but not so much just looking in the mirror--to more noticeable settling in my lip lines due to how much slip the formula had. The slip made them comfortable, like a juicy lip balm, and the hydration was there throughout wear and my lips didn't feel dry or tight for hours after the color had worn off. They lasted between three and five hours on me with some of the richer, deeper hues leaving behind subtle stains.
There wasn't any noticeable scent or taste. Burberry's lipstick cases close magnetically, which I've found keeps the caps on very securely and ensures that it always closes when you put the cap back on!
Browse all of our Burberry Kisses Sheer Lipstick swatches.
Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Triisodecyl Trimellitate, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Dicalcium Phosphate, Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lavandula Stoechas Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Bht, Tin Oxide, [+/- (May Contain): Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 22 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].