Tom Ford Beauty Cherie Lip Color Matte ($55.00 for 0.1 oz.) is a muted, medium pinky-coral with moderate, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had mostly opaque, buildable pigmentation paired with a lightly emollient, lightweight texture that had more glide than creaminess.
The product applied fairly evenly but was prone to separating along my deeper lip lines and settling into them, so it wasn’t the most flattering product to have on. It stayed on well for four hours and felt lightly hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Kinda Sexy (P, $19.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop L'Auberge (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Naked Coral (P, $7.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Electric Feel (LE, $7.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Melon (P, $14.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Rose (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Mathilde (LE, $34.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Homeslice (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Instigator (LE, $6.50) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Hollywood (P, $18.00) is darker (85% similar).
$55.00/0.1 oz. - $550.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "richly pigmented" and have a "luxurious, velvet matte finish." The majority of the shades are semi-opaque to fully opaque with lightweight, velvety textures--creamy enough to glide on nicely but not enough slip to feel slippery or slide around on the lips when worn. The wear time varied from shade to shade with richer shades lasting over six hours. The formula was comfortable to wear and often lightly hydrating. There's a vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color Matte swatches.