ColourPop Glow Burst Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light-medium pink with strong, warm undertones and a sparkling, lightly metallized finish. It had more opaque coverage applied with fingertips and more medium, buildable coverage when applied with a brush, which was as described.
The texture was smooth to the touch, lightweight, and emollient without being too slippery or too wet, so it was easy to apply to bare skin or over foundation without fear of it lifting up base products. The product blended out nicely along the edges and gave a subtle, sparkling finish (more noticeable in person than in photos). It wore well for nine hours with slight sparkle migration over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Free Soul (LE, $30.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Sol Body Catwalk (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 10 Peach (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Gold Glow (LE, $48.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Swinging Vines (LE, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Angel Food (P, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Melody (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Warm Aura (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.