Colour Pop Topsy Turvy Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) includes a gold-shimmered, pink blush paired with a deep, berry liquid lipstick. The products can be purchased individually if preferred. Both products were more pigmented than described, which may not be a deal-breaker for all–that was the bucket where the products lost the most points–and the blush could have been a bit more blendable over bare skin.
Court of Miracles
Court of Miracles is a medium-dark pink with warmer undertones and a golden pearl throughout. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a soft, lightly powdery texture.
I’d recommend applying this shade over drier skin, whether that’s naturally drier, bare skin or over just-set foundation, as the matte base seemed more prone to absorbing oil so that the product stuck where initially applied. The result was a powder that didn’t diffuse and spread as readily on my skin, so it took more effort to blend it out. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading visibly.
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (Bottom) (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel Rose Glacier (170) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Mojave Mauve (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Clinique Rosy Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Amp (-, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Pamplemousse (LE, $32.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Pure Effect (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Rose Baiser (361) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Blush (Original) (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Culture (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Phoebus is a deep berry with cool undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer, so it was a bit more pigmented than described, but it was buildable. The texture was lightweight, thin without being clingy, and spreadable, so it wasn’t so watery that it sank in without moving around.
The color applied evenly with the barest amount of product that sank into my deeper lip lines (but not enough to be noticeable in person). It wore well for six hours, left a faint, pinkish stain behind, and felt non-drying over time.
- NARS Wasted (LE, $27.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Full Time Females (P, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Damned (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Unlocked (P, $24.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Embrace (LE, $8.99) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Fly (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Muted Fuchsia (124) (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bee's Knees (P, $5.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Miss Argentina (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Acai (LE, $19.50) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).