Top 10 of 2012: Lipsticks
There were actually a lot of fantastic lipsticks released this year! I already pulled up twenty that to consider for the top ten, and I had only reached August (I go backwards). There were 52 pages of lip product reviews to sift through (that’s 312 posts!), and these were the ones that made the cut:
- OCC Metallurgy Lip Tars — Triptych pictured above
- Cle de Peau Comtesse de Cayla — light coral
- Guerlain Orgueil — berry-red
- NARS Dragon Girl — matte, blue-based red
- Laura Mercier Raspberry Sorbet — muted rosy pink
- Maybelline Very Cherry — cherry red
- Shiseido RD 320 — creamy magenta
- Tom Ford Violet Fatale — iridescent berry purple
- Burberry Pink Amber — matte perfection
- Giorgio Armani #400 — rich red
What was your favorite lipstick from 2012?
5 Silver Eyeshadows for the Holidays
My favorite way to wear silver during the holidays is on the lash line, actually. It can add a lot of brightness to a look! I like the line the lower lash line with a rich black eyeliner, then pat on silver eyeshadow on top. I also love silvers with blues–very wintry!
- Giorgoi Armani #12 — bright, metallic silver
- Estee Lauder Cyber Silver — dark, metallic silver-gray
- Buxom Chihuahua — metallic, medium silver
- Guerlain Les Aquas — bright, light silver
- Inglot #448 — faded silver with a metallic finish
What’s your favorite holiday silver eyeshadow?
5 Stunning Dark Red Lipsticks for the Holidays
Not so into bright reds? Here are some darker red options!
- Giorgio Armani #408 — subdued dark red with berry-red shimmer
- Guerlain Orgueil — rich berry-red with ruby shimmer
- NARS Mascate — deepened red with matte finish
- MAC Dark Side — red with brown and berry
- MAC Good to Be Bad — glossy-finished deep red