MAC Audible Lipglass ($17.50 for 0.10 oz.) is a medium, peachy orange with very fine, gold pearl over a cream finish. It was more of a cream finish than a shimmery gloss, though. It had good color coverage in a single layer that applied evenly without streaking, but the downside was there was some product that pulled into my deeper lip lines. The shinier finish helped to make that appear less noticeable from a normal viewing distance. The consistency was smooth, light-medium in thickness with a lightweight feel, and had moderate tackiness. It lasted well for five hours and was lightly hydrating over time.
- Maybelline Glistening Amber (055) (P, $8.99) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Burberry Cameo (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Becca Papaya/Topaz (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Sephora Fresh Mango (26) (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
- Maybelline Almond Aura (130) (LE, ) is darker (85% similar).
- MAC Grand Pumpkin (LE, $17.50) is less shimmery, lighter (80% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty G*psy (204) (DC, $28.00) (80% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$17.50/0.10 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The Lipglass formula is supposed to be “pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic color” that can be worn “on its own, over lip pencil or lipstick” and will “condition lips.” MAC could use an update on the description as some shades are more pigmented than others but several are sheerer and likely intended to be that way. The formula has a very glossy, high-shine finish with a light-medium weight and moderate tackiness.
I have found that newer Lipglasses (over the last couple of years) are smoother and not quite as tacky as the formula was many years ago. They wear from three to six hours on me and are usually lightly hydrating. MAC recently updated the shade range and packaging for the range (though the formula was said to be unchanged), so worth noting is that with that packaging change came a reduction in quantity to 0.10 fl. oz. (was 0.17 fl. oz.), which may matter for some but not everyone.
Browse all of our MAC Lipglass swatches.