Sky's the Limit
MAC Sky’s the Limit Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($38.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a bright, pale white gold with an almost cool, silverish undertones and slightly warmer, pale gold shimmer and micro-sparkle. There was a faint bit of larger shimmer/sparkle throughout, but it had a wetter sheen when applied to skin. It had nearly opaque pigmentation but could be sheered out if preferred.
The texture was smooth, dense but not too firmly pressed in the pan, so I didn’t have trouble picking up product with a brush, though I felt like the raised center wasn’t ideal (but would be worn away after a few uses) for even pick up of product on a brush. The highlighter applied evenly and blended out with ease without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Helia (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- LORAC Star Reader (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Extra (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Or Blanc (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Fine Gold (003) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Marshmallow (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Winter Bloom (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Good as Gateau (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Artist Couture Gold Digger (P, $27.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Highlight (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]