MAC x Nicopanda Galactic Mint, Nico Kiss, Kawaii Party Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches
MAC Galactic Mint Nicopanda Lipstick ($18.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a light, bluish-aqua with cool undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was somewhat buildable, but it had a chalkier texture and look so every imperfection was obvious and the lipstick finish was unforgiving. The color pulled away at every lip line, sunk into my lip lines, and wore away unevenly over three and a half hours of time. The formula was non-drying.
- NYX Pistachio (P, $6.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Scrub (DC, $17.00) is darker, glossier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Raw (LE, $7.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Tarte Fairytale (LE, $20.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Anastasia Insomniac (P, $18.00) is darker (80% similar).
LELimited Edition. $18.50.
MAC Nico Kiss Nicopanda Lipstick ($18.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a deep navy blue with strong, cool undertones and a satin finish. It was definitely not matte until the shine wore down after a couple of hours of wear. The texture was lightweight, thin but not clingy, and moderately emollient so it didn’t tug on the lips. It had fairly good pigmentation as it combatted some of the additional slip and helped it apply more evenly than I expected, though it still had room for improvement. It wore well for five hours, left a purplish stain behind, and was neither drying nor hydrating.
- Maybelline Midnight Blue (DC, $7.49) is brighter (90% similar).
- NARS Unspoken (P, $27.00) is darker, more muted, less glossy (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Squid Ink (DC, $26.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- Anastasia Nocturnal (P, $20.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- Sephora City Beat (45) (P, $8.00) is more muted (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #054 (P, $18.00).
- Make Up For Ever Brave Blue (222) (P, $23.00).
LELimited Edition. $18.50.
MAC Kawaii Party Nicopanda Lipstick ($18.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium lavender with warm, pink undertones and a satin finish. The pigmentation was nearly opaque in a single layer, while the texture was dense without being heavy or thick, firm but still had enough glide that it did not tug during application. The color seemed to sit in my lip lines just slightly, which worsened as it wore but not too noticeably in person. It wore well for five hours and was neither drying nor hydrating.
- Bite Beauty Spritzer (DC, $26.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Daring (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Boa (P, $6.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Strutting Fabulous (LE, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Molly (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Arabesque (LE, $12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NYX Playdate (P, $6.00) is lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- MAC Men Love Mystery (P, $19.00) is darker (85% similar).
- NARS Pussy Control (P, $27.00) is darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Brills (LE, $7.00) is lighter (85% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
I picked up Kawaii Party & Toung ‘N’ Chic, the latter is more typical of colors I enjoy and the former was on a total whim but it’s surprisingly wearable and I’m excited to step outside of my comfort zone this spring/summer. The packaging for this collection is insanely cute.
Happy to hear the two you grabbed are working well for ya!
Nico Kiss looked to be the creamiest lipstick of the bunch. With so many gorgeous low priced lipsticks out there, I think MAC could have made these non traditional shades better.
I was surprised that Galactic Mint wasn’t better!
Nico Kiss looks so rich! If I didn’t already have Lush Extract, I may have been tempted by this.
That minty shade is sad looking.
Love your eye look!