MAC My Mimi Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($45.50 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium copper with warm, brownish undertones and a gold, sparkly finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage, but the texture was drier and more prone to separating–perhaps the larger bits of sparkle strewn through the powder were the issue. It took more effort to blend and diffuse the edges, as the color looked somewhat patchy initially. I don’t typically have issues blending out this formula, so I was rather surprised by the application of this shade on the skin. It lasted for eight hours before fading on me (out of the 10 the brand promises for this formula).
The price seems unusually high; regular Extra Dimension Skinfinishes are $33.00 for 0.31 oz., and while it’s not unusual for MAC to up-charge for collaborations by a bit, it’s usually a $1-4, not over $10. It seems like it is the result of the design of the powder itself, which is intricate to be sure, but I’m still surprised by the increase in price overall! I wish the product was better, too, because I know that this was one of the “star” products in the launch, to at least make the price more justifiable. It did seem, to my memory, that the price increases across most of the products in this collection were higher than normal (compared to past collaborations).
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- OFRA Blind the Haters (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Bae Area (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Bronzed Radiance (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Gold Deposit (P, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Awesome Blossom (P, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$45.50/0.35 oz. - $130.00 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.