Secret Escort (07)
Tom Ford Secret Escort (07) Lip Contour Duo ($53.00 for 0.08 oz.) contains a slim lip color with a twist-up “Lip Shaper,” where the lip color hides in the base of the component. It’s a cooler, pinky-red set of shades with the Lip Color being brighter and glossier, and the Lip Shaper being more subdued and darker.
The Lip Shaper is designed for enhancing and defining the lips, and it can be used to shape or “create an ombre effect” to the lips, while the lip color is supposed to be full coverage. Sadly, I really like the lip color formula in the duo; it’s very creamy, hydrating, and comfortable to wear with four to six-hour wear time, but the Lip Shaper formulation left a lot to be desired. I struggled with using the Lip Shapers as they often broke on me, as they were quite brittle, and the majority were very dry, so they tugged and dragged on the lips. They also had bits of sparkle, which did not work well for defining the edge of the lips nor did it work out for filling in the lips.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this palette, along with individual photos and swatches…
Secret Escort (Lip Color)
Secret Escort (Lip Color) is a bright, medium pinky-red with cool, blue undertones and a natural sheen. It had mostly opaque color coverage paired with a creamy, light-medium thick texture that had moderate slip. While the payoff was good, I did not feel this sat as well on the lips as other shades in the range–this one seemed to emphasize lip lines and texture more. The color wore well for five hours and left a stain behind, and the formula was still moisturizing.
- Urban Decay Red Hot (LE, $18.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Maybelline On Fire Red (DC, $7.99) is brighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Sephora All Washed Up (26) (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Revlon Flirtatious (125) (DC, $8.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty New York (LE, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Wonderland (P, $18.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Glamorous Cherry (822) (DC, $58.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- Urban Decay 69 (P, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sheer F-Bomb (DC, $22.00) (90% similar).
- LORAC Red Rose (LE, ) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
PiPPermanent in Palette.
Secret Escort (Lip Shaper)
Secret Escort (Lip Shaper) is a bright, medium-dark pink-red with finer gold sparkle. It had good pigmentation in a single stroke, and the consistency wasn’t quite as dry as some of the Lip Shapers have been in other duos, but it was still one of the drier lip pencil formulas I’ve come across. The texture felt thicker and was lightly tacky, and anytime I pressed my lips together, it seemed to lift color away in that area. It went on unevenly and some areas were thicker than others. It lasted for over six hours but was quite drying (even when I wore it under the lipstick).