Devil Inside (06)
Tom Ford Devil Inside (06) Lip Contour Duo ($53.00 for 0.08 oz.) contains a slim lip color with a twist-up lip pencil, where the lip color hides in the base of the lip pencil. The duo features a bright, coral-red with warm, orange undertones and a matching lip liner that runs a little lighter and redder with gold sparkle.
According to the brand, the lip pencil is designed for enhancing and defining the lips, and it can be used to shape or “create an ombre effect” to the lips, while the lip color is supposed to be full coverage. Sadly, I really like the lip color formula in the duos; it’s very creamy, hydrating, and comfortable to wear with four to six hour wear time, but the lip pencil formulation left a lot to be desired. I struggled with using the lip pencils as they often broke on me, as they were quite brittle, and the majority were very dry, so they tugged and dragged on the lips. They also had bits of sparkle, which did not work well for defining the edge of the lips nor did it work out for filling in the lips.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this palette, along with individual photos and swatches…
Devil Inside (Lip Color)
Devil Inside (Lip Color) is a bright, medium-dark coral-red with warm undertones and a cream finish. It had rich color payoff that applied evenly, but the texture was creamy enough that there was a bit of visible streaking. It wasn’t as noticeable due to the brightness and richness of the color itself, though. The color wore well for five and a half hours and was hydrating.
- MAC Cherry Glaze (LE, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay EZ (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Envious (P, $32.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop I'm Upset (LE, $6.00) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Cherry on Top (P, $25.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Notorious (408) (LE, $38.00) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Love Bite (P, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Rouge Fatal (LE, $55.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Habanero (DC, $21.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anna Sui Minnie Mouse (01) (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
PiPPermanent in Palette.
Devil Inside (Lip Shaper)
Devil Inside (Lip Shaper) is a bright, medium red with subtle, warm undertones and flecks of gold sparkle. The texture was drier and incredibly stiff to work with, so it dragged on the lips and applied unevenly. The sparkle did not help, as it was rather gritty and caused the liner to skip. It had a clingy, lightly tacky texture that was drying over the six hours it lasted for.