MAC x Aaliyah Lip Pencils Reviews, Photos, Swatches
Follow Your Heart
MAC Follow Your Heart Lip Pencil ($17.50 for 0.05 oz.) is a rich red with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that applied fairly well; it was drier as it was a lip pencil formula, but it yielded color without having to press hard, and I was able to use the slant of the pencil and get product to transfer evenly. Frankly, it applied quite well all-over color given that it was a traditional lip pencil! This sahde lasted for over six hours, left a faint stain behind, but it was a little drying.
- Urban Decay Wonderland (P, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Ruby Woo (P, $19.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay 69 (P, $20.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hot Cakes (LE, $5.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Romance (LE, $8.99) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay 714 (P, $20.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Cherry Bomb (LE, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Spinster Ladies (LE, $5.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Ruby Woo (P, $17.50) is brighter (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Transform (P, $20.00) is warmer (90% similar).
Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 20, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Follow Your Heart
LELimited Edition. $17.50.
MAC Nevermore Lip Pencil ($17.50 for 0.05 oz.) is a blackened purple with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. The consistency was drier and a little stiff, so the liner needed to be applied in short, quick strokes along the edge of the lips for best results. It did not work as well for filling in the lips all-over due to that drier, slightly tacky consistency that tended to result in some patchiness and product that sat in my lip lines. It wore well for over six hours but was drying over time.
- MAC Talk That Talk (LE, $19.50) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Nightmoth (P, $17.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Paint It Black (P, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Saváge (LE, $18.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #048 (P, $18.00) is lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Traviesa (P, $5.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Blackmail (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Kaleidos Scorpion Fruit (P, $12.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
I was inclining to buy Nightmoth to increase the opacity of MAC Cyber (I love the color and comfort for a dark color, but it applies so sheer), but now I think Nevermore would be better.
Follow Your Heart seems a versatile option for many red lipstick, for getting a perfect line but without impacting the color of darker reds; it’s a bonus that it works well all over the lips.
NightMoth is my favorite MAC lip pencil ever. I have gone through 4 of them and am working on my 5th. Love it to darken other shades as I have super pigmented lips and if a shade is too light I generally don’t like the shade that is created by my lip color and the lighter shade so I stick some NightMoth on to darken the whole thing up!! May be my most used lip pencil across all brands.
Hmm, well, I suppose Nevermore will be fine the way I’m intending to use it over Mac’s own Prep & Prime Lips, plus only to outline the outer edges of my lips? Yeah, I don’t typically fill my lips in with my lip liner, just smudge it inwards a bit to soften the line.
It’s on sale for $10.70 at Macy’s free shipping. It just looks so beautiful on you, I had to get it.