Follow Your Heart
MAC Follow Your Heart Lip Pencil ($17.50 for 0.05 oz.) is a rich red with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that applied fairly well; it was drier as it was a lip pencil formula, but it yielded color without having to press hard, and I was able to use the slant of the pencil and get product to transfer evenly. Frankly, it applied quite well all-over color given that it was a traditional lip pencil! This sahde lasted for over six hours, left a faint stain behind, but it was a little drying.
- Urban Decay Wonderland (P, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Ruby Woo (P, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Ruby Woo (P, $17.50) is brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Selenaville (LE, $17.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Lesbos (LE, $27.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Perfect Red (P, $6.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #078 (P, $18.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hot Cakes (LE, $5.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Charlotte (LE, $20.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Blue Blood (LE, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 20, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
LELimited Edition. $17.50.
MAC Nevermore Lip Pencil ($17.50 for 0.05 oz.) is a blackened purple with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. The consistency was drier and a little stiff, so the liner needed to be applied in short, quick strokes along the edge of the lips for best results. It did not work as well for filling in the lips all-over due to that drier, slightly tacky consistency that tended to result in some patchiness and product that sat in my lip lines. It wore well for over six hours but was drying over time.
- MAC Talk That Talk (LE, $19.50) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Nightmoth (P, $17.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Paint It Black (P, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Saváge (LE, $18.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #048 (P, $18.00) is lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Traviesa (P, $5.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Blackmail (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).