JD Glow Gabrielle Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a rich, medium copper with strong, warm undertones and a golden sheen. It was intensely pigmented with a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that was powder-like but with some slip to it.
The texture was lightweight, thin without being dry or powdery, and had good adhesion to bare skin while blending out nicely along the edges. It didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture, which is always nice. The color lasted well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Salt New York Gold (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Rich #4 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Sequoia (LE, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- ILIA Showdown (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Helios (P, $55.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Paradise (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Glowing (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 12 Copper (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wayne Goss Golden Glow (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.