Strike It Rich
Colour Pop Strike It Rich Lux Lipstick Kit ($12.00 for 0.155 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that features a peachy, satin-finish lipstick and a peachy, matte lip liner. The two were were very similar in color with the liner leaning slightly warmer, browner, and the lipstick leaning a little rosier, so the two combined was a semi-matte, deep peach with moderate warm undertones.
Simon Says is a deep peach with moderate, warm undertones and a satin sheen. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, lightly creamy texture that was comfortable to apply and to wear. The lipstick glided easily over my lips and went on evenly, though the product separated slightly along my deeper lip lines. The separation/subtle settling wasn’t noticeable (in person) until the three-hour mark, though the color lasted fairly well for closer to four and a half hours. The formula felt lightly hydrating over time.
- LORAC Savoir Faire (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Ariel (LE, $7.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Beach Bunny (P, $12.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fuel (LE, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Sarah (LE, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Bella (LE, $34.00) is lighter, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani I Am Pretty (P, $6.99) is lighter, more muted, glossier (85% similar).
- NARS Honolulu Honey (P, $26.00) is lighter, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Peppermint (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Jaclyn Cosmetics Tipsy (DC, $18.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. - $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Lipstick swatches.
Minute Man is a deep peach with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single stroke, which adhered evenly and smoothly to my lips with minimal tugging. The texture was lightly waxy, which gave it better glide, so it was easy to get a precise line along the edges of my lips, but it could also be used for all-over color comfortably.
I do recommend applying and gently blotting color into place to speed up all-over coloring. On its own, it stayed on for five and a half hours before fading noticeably. It wasn’t the most comfortable product to wear, but it wasn’t drying either.
- Urban Decay Kinky (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Peachii (LE, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Warm Nude (75) (P, $14.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- NARS Grotto (LE, $27.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Subculture (PiP, $17.50) is lighter (85% similar).
- Tarte Get It! (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Creme Fresh (P, $7.50) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Stark Naked (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- MAC Back in Vogue (P, $21.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- MAC New Ombre (LE, $19.50) is lighter (80% similar).