Put on the Ritz
ColourPop Put on the Ritz Lux Lipstick Kit ($12.00 for 0.155 oz.) includes a deeper pink with a cream lipstick paired with a more mid-tone, warmer pink pencil liner. The lipstick layered well over the lip pencil, but the color of the lipstick dominated (unsurprisingly) while the pencil mattified the finish slightly. Both products performed consistently with past releases within their respective formulas; they were both pigmented and long-wearing, and the lipstick applied well while the lip pencil went on fairly well all-over and well as a liner.
LELimited Edition. $12.00.
Bling Ring is a bright, medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and a cream finish. The lipstick had opaque color coverage that applied fluidly across my lips and didn’t drag. The consistency was creamy, dense without being thick or heavy, and comfortable to wear. There was a bit of separation along my deeper lip line that I could see in the close-up photo but not in person. It stayed on nicely for five and a half hours and was moisturizing while worn.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flamingo (P, $57.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- Shiseido Neon Buzz (213) (P, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Belle Amour (P, $36.00) is more shimmery, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Possession (Right) (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Power Mode (410) (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Fougueuse (138) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel La Favorite (43) (P, $45.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Magnus (P, $36.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty To Die For (LE, $60.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Givenchy Rose Flanelle (202) (P, $37.00) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
$10.00/0.12 oz. - $83.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our ColourPop Lux Lipstick swatches.
LELimited Edition. $10.00.
Starship is a medium, pink-coral with soft, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque color payoff in a single stroke, which applied evenly to my lips and didn’t tug much when I applied it all-over. The texture had enough glide that it was workable for filling in my entire lip color, but it was the most comfortable to use as a liner along the edges. It wore well for over six hours and felt neither drying nor hydrating over time.
- NARS Firework (LE, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Pomelo (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Melted Clover II (P, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Rouge Palatin (LE, $27.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- L'Oreal Le Coral Irreverent (P, $13.99) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- KVD Beauty Beloved (P, $20.00) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #024 (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Bite Beauty #068 (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Too Faced Bachelorette (P, $22.00) is brighter, warmer (80% similar).
- ColourPop Donut (DC, $6.50) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).