Shine a Light
Marc Jacobs Beauty Shine a Light Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer ($28.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with warmer, yellow undertones and pink and gold flecks of shimmer and larger sparkle. If you dig medium, sparkly glosses, I’m sure you’ll find little to fault this shade for, but it was advertised as having “maximum coverage and brilliance.” The coverage was medium–plenty of my natural lip color came through–with a sheer to medium level of coverage in the vein of shimmer/sparkle. The consistency was smooth, lightly creamy, and non-sticky, which made it comfortable and plush to wear but there was enough larger sparkle that those more sensitive to feeling those particles may find the base is not thick enough to avoid the textural element the sparkle brought to the party. (I didn’t find it rough or gritty but find my ability to detect that seems to be weaker than others.) It stayed out of most of my lip lines, despite the lighter base color. It wore well for four and a half hours on me and was hydrating over time.
- Anastasia Citrine (LE, $16.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop KT (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Over the Top (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop On Board (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Planet (LE, $17.50) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Pearl x Gold (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Freya (LE, $16.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Twerk for Gifts (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Gold Allure (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Phew (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$28.00/0.16 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
It is supposed to have "maximum color and brilliance" and "shine like 30 coats of lacquer." The formula has a mint scent but not much flavor from what I could detect. The biggest downside is that several shades that I have are not in line with “maximum color.” They range from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, and they do have a very high-shine finish that makes my lips look more voluminous.
The consistency was smooth, like a creamy gel as it was a bit thicker (without being heavy or tacky), and very easy to spread across my lips. It was comfortable to wear and moisturizing over time. Some shades smoothed out my lip lines, though it wasn't consistent throughout the range.
Browse all of our Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer swatches.
Polybutene, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Mica, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Tin Oxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).