MAC Samantha Ravndahl Lipstick ($17.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a light-medium pink with neutral-to-warm undertones and a natural sheen. It had medium, buildable coverage–up to semi-opaque, which is in line with the Cremesheen finish formula. The consistency was lightweight, creamy without being heavy, and applied evenly across the lips. There was a touch of color that pulled into my lip lines, but the glossiness of the finish made it less apparent at a normal viewing distance. It wore well for four hours on me and was neither drying nor hydrating over time.
This shade is a collaboration between MAC and YouTuber Samantha Ravndahl, which launches April 22nd and will only be available in Canada. There are several other shades (with other collaborators) that will release to specific regions: see full press release here. I only have the U.S. and Canadian shades!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Pleasure's All Mine (LE, $20.00) is less pigmented (95% similar).
- Givenchy Street Rose (04) (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Smashbox Hideout (P, $21.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Native (DC, $18.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Morning After (DC, $18.00) is more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC The Pinkprint (LE, $19.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Catty (LE, $19.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Tutu (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Julian (P, $36.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Vivid Imagination (LE, $19.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$19.00/0.1 oz. - $190.00 Per Ounce
MAC Lipstick comes in a variety of finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed) and are non-drying.
Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula, while newer ones have a more velvety, silicone-feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply, but most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying.
The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.
Browse all of our MAC Lipstick swatches.
LELimited Edition. $19.00.