MAC Satin Shimmer Mineralize Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a light-medium, golden brown with warmer, yellow undertones and a soft, golden shimmer. As I buffed and blended the powder on my skin, it appeared more luminous and almost metallic, which seemed emphasize my skin’s natural texture slightly.
The powder was smooth to the touch but had larger shimmer particles, which I could feel to a small degree, but the powder still applied evenly and blended out nicely without much effort. It had good pigmentation that built up to full coverage with two layers. On my normal-to-dry skin, the color stayed on well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Bronzer (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Carat (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Capri Coast (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (02) (P, $40.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Dolce and Gabbana Desert (P, $51.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Skinny Dip (PiP, $24.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Solar Pop (LE, $32.50) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (03) (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. - $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years--the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a "slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish" that can be used to highlight "the high points of the face" or blended "all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin." The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage--it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.