MAC Snowflushed Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a peachy-orange base with peach-to-pink shifting pearl and sparkle. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with half of a layer more. The texture was smooth, despite being a rather glittery shade, and dense, so a moderately dense brush and a medium hand worked best–it had the baked gelee-like texture that doesn’t have any powderiness, isn’t stiff so much as just denser in the pan. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and diffused along the edges, but the base color was fairly prominent so it added warmth and an orange-brown tone to my skin, along with a strong peach-to-pink shift, depending on the angle. Some of the sparkle/glitter migrated beyond my cheeks over the eight and a half hours it lasted for, though.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Stylishly Merry #2 (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (95% similar).
- Too Faced Canary Diamond (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Delicate Drift (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Dazzlepink (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Stila Mystere (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath VR Violet (PiP, $25.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Smashbox Prismatic Petal (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Lunar (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, less pigmented (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Time Out (LE, $4.50) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]