MAC Postmodernist Peach Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($37.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a light, peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a smooth, luminous sheen. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, though the firmer (not stiff) texture made it easier to pick up less product by using less pressure or a more feathery brush.
The consistency was smooth to the touch and worked best with a moderately dense brush for even pickup of product. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily, which resulted in a more “melted” glow that looked seamless over my skin without emphasizing its natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Blessed (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Spotlight (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Highlight) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Authentic (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Earth (LE, $6.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop A Smile and a Song (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Make a Sheen (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.