Indian Ink/Mossy Green
MAC Indian Ink/Mossy Green Powerpoint Eye Pencil (Dual-Ended) ($18.50 for 0.07 oz.) contains navy blue and pearly green pencil eyeliners. Each side is almost the equivalent to a full-sized Powerpoint Eye Pencil (0.04 oz.), so there’s actually a lot of value here. The downside is that the formula isn’t that pigmented and doesn’t build up as well as it could, though both shades were long-wearing on me.
LELimited Edition. $20.00.
Indian Ink is a muted, navy blue with cool undertones and a matte finish. It had medium color coverage in a single layer, which was buildable to mostly opaque coverage with two to three layers. I recommend applying it in shorter strokes to avoid unevenness and maximize coverage. The texture was drier and firmer in the pencil, though it didn’t really tug on me, but it was hard to smudge (if that’s something you’d like to do with your eyeliner), which meant it did wear really well! It stayed on nicely for 10 hours with minimal fading/thinning. It did not feather or run when it came into contact with water.
- Urban Decay Push (P, $20.00) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Darklight (P, $24.00) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Wayne Goss Blue Sapphire (P, $14.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sabbath (DC, $22.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- ColourPop DTLA (P, $6.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Night Trail (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Stila Midnight Blue (P, $22.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Blue (Matte) (PiP, ) is darker, brighter (85% similar).
- NARS Nuit d'Encre (LE, $26.00) is darker (80% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Over(night) (P, $25.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (80% similar).
LELimited Edition. $16.00.
Mossy Green is a medium, olive green with warm undertones and a cooler, medium green pearl. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that was somewhat buildable, but the more I built it up, the less even it appeared as some of the shimmer bunched up on itself. The texture was smooth and didn’t tug, as it felt more waxy as I glided it across my skin. The eyeliner stayed on well for nine and a half hours with minimal changes (thinning/movement). When I spritzed water on it, the eyeliner didn’t run or feather on me.
- L'Oreal Green Ivy (270) (P, $8.99) is darker, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Stash (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Snakeskin Dress (17) (DC, $10.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Green Lights (Metallic) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Olive You (108) (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty O(vert) (56) (P, $26.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Army Style (P, $17.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Mildew (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Forever Green (P, $16.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever I36 Iridescent Khaki (P, $21.00) is darker (85% similar).