Hot Damn-oiselle D'Avignon
MAC Hot Damn-oiselle D’Avignon Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($37.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a light, pinky-coral base paired with warmer, peachy gold shimmer. It had a luminous sheen that wasn’t quite metallic unless layered more heavily or applied with a dampened brush.
The texture was smooth to the touch with a firmer press, though it wasn’t stiff or difficult to blend out–but there was no powderiness at all in the pan. As is typical with this type of formula (gel-powder hybrid), it works best with moderately dense, more rounded brushes, which tend to pick up product better; you may find a heavier hand is necessary compared to something with a softer, more powdery texture. It had good color coverage in a single layer that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The color stayed on nicely for nine hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Flashing Lights (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Cantata (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coronation (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hit Rewind (P, $7.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Venus Nectar (LE, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay NSFW (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Peach (5) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Ibiza (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.