MAC Ginger Spiked/Counterpoint QuikTrik Stick Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Ginger Spiked/Counterpoint Studio QuikTrik Stick ($32.00 for 0.42 oz.) has a soft peach on one end and a brighter, medium pink on the other side.
The QuikTrik Stick is a double-ended, cream-based stick that’s supposed to work for highlighting, contouring, bronzing, or blushing. It is supposed to have buildable, blendable color and can be worn over bare skin or foundation. One side is more shimmery, while the other is darker and more natural (but still has a sheen from the creamier consistency) in finish. In general, the formula applies well to bare skin or over liquid foundation, as it is very emollient, blendable, and easy to spread across the skin, but I notice that it seemed to break up my foundation a bit after six hours of wear.
LELimited Edition. $32.00.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this duo, along with individual photos and swatches…
Ginger Spiked is a light peach with subtle, warm orange undertones and a satiny sheen. This is a shade that will be better suited for fairer complexions, as there’s almost no visible color on my skin tone. It had semi-sheer coverage that seemed to build up to medium coverage. The texture was thin, lightly emollient with a touch of tackiness that never fully dried down. It lasted for six hours on me (based on what remained of the sheen, not the color).
- ColourPop Tick (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Benefit Gold Rush (PiP, $29.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Benefit Peachin' (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Revlon Peach Light (P, $12.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Clinique Opal Pop (01) (P, $26.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Secretive (19) (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Blush Guilt (LE, $58.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Golden Apricot (P, $55.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Nude Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
Counterpoint is a bright cotton candy pink with cooler, blue undertones and a natural sheen. It had sheer, buildable coverage (up to mostly opaque) with a soft, lightly creamy texture that was a little thicker than other shades in the range, but it was easily applied to bare skin or over foundaiton. I liked using patting motions with fingertips or a stippling brush for application. This shade wore well for seven hours on me.
- ColourPop What Like It's Hard (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Haus Labs Hibiscus Haze (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Digital Baddie (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's That Girl (Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Fuchsia (P, $45.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Hot Pursuit (LE, $30.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's That Girl (Crème) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Rose (P, $12.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (P, $60.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
I love how Ginger wears on the skin!! I’m in love with the format, perfect for travelling!
Do you think you’ll get any of the duos?
It’s *okay* for fairer skintones, but I wouldn’t call it anything to write home about. Very blah, basic shades. Nothing like that lovely berry duo!
I feel like these might have been better released during spring/summer!
This will look pretty on lighter skintones
I agree, Katherine!
Rats! I think Counterpoint would be a good color for me, but not Ginger Spiked. Interesting that they paired a warm color with a cool color. This would probably work for someone with a fair-to-light, neutral complexion, I guess.
I’m slightly surprised that these aren’t marketed as usable on the lips as well! They seem like the type of formula that would be. Well, maybe if they were more opaque.
I was, too, actually!
Ginger Spiked is very subtle! But I like that. And Counterpoint is a great pink.
Do you think you’ll try it?
I agree fair skinned folks will love this.