MAC Ginger Spiked/Counterpoint Studio QuikTrik Stick ($32.00 for 0.42 oz.) has a soft peach on one end and a brighter, medium pink on the other side.
The QuikTrik Stick is a double-ended, cream-based stick that’s supposed to work for highlighting, contouring, bronzing, or blushing. It is supposed to have buildable, blendable color and can be worn over bare skin or foundation. One side is more shimmery, while the other is darker and more natural (but still has a sheen from the creamier consistency) in finish. In general, the formula applies well to bare skin or over liquid foundation, as it is very emollient, blendable, and easy to spread across the skin, but I notice that it seemed to break up my foundation a bit after six hours of wear.
LELimited Edition. $32.00.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this duo, along with individual photos and swatches…
Ginger Spiked is a light peach with subtle, warm orange undertones and a satiny sheen. This is a shade that will be better suited for fairer complexions, as there’s almost no visible color on my skin tone. It had semi-sheer coverage that seemed to build up to medium coverage. The texture was thin, lightly emollient with a touch of tackiness that never fully dried down. It lasted for six hours on me (based on what remained of the sheen, not the color).
- ColourPop Tick (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Benefit Gold Rush (PiP, $29.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Secretive (19) (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Blush Guilt (LE, $58.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Golden Apricot (P, $55.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Nude Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Opal Pop (01) (P, $26.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Revlon Peach Light (P, $12.99) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Mercy Me (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
Counterpoint is a bright cotton candy pink with cooler, blue undertones and a natural sheen. It had sheer, buildable coverage (up to mostly opaque) with a soft, lightly creamy texture that was a little thicker than other shades in the range, but it was easily applied to bare skin or over foundaiton. I liked using patting motions with fingertips or a stippling brush for application. This shade wore well for seven hours on me.
- ColourPop Whistle While You Werk (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Pink (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Miss (047) (P, $46.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Fuchsia (P, $45.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Dipped in Stars (LE, $31.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's That Girl (Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Hot Pursuit (LE, $30.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Rose (P, $12.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (P, $60.00) is less glossy (90% similar).