JD Glow Beyunce Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a peachy beige base that shifted from very warm, peach-gold to lighter, warm pink with an intense, sparkling sheen. It had rich color coverage that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with ease.
The texture felt lightly emollient, almost like a thin, creamy powder, so no powderiness at all, yet it picked up readily with a highlighting brush and distributed product well. It didn’t seem to emphasize my skin’s natural texture, but I could see it having some potential to do so for those with more textured skin than mine. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup by Mario Pearl (P, $28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Regal (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Eclipse (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Strobe Pink Gold (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Candied Peach (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Golden Peach (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Stargazer (P, $39.00) is darker (85% similar).
- MAC Show Gold (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glow Up (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Main Attraction (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.