Dior Confident (783) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a slightly muted, medium-dark berry with cooler undertones and a satin finish. It had barely-there, very fine pearl throughout, but it wasn’t visibly shimmery–just more of a semi-matte to satin finish that looked skin-like once buffed and blended out on my skin. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which could be used with a lighter hand for a more buildable application (which I’d recommend–deeper shades like this are often easier to build up than to correct).
The texture was smooth to the touch, firmer without being stiff, but it also seemed a little drier, especially after I used it a few times, so there was a touch of excess powder that kicked up in the pan. It applied evenly and blended out well without too much effort, though it wasn’t as effortless as some of the other shades I’ve tried in the range. The blush stayed on well for nine hours before fading visibly on my cheek.
- Glossier Haze (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop New Lowes (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Violet #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Hot Nights (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Viseart Violet #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #3 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Chroma (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Chic (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Magical in Mauve (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay NOHO (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.