Colour Pop Double Bubble Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft, peachy orange with fine, golden micro-sparkle over a matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation applied with fingertips and semi-sheer, buildable coverage applied with a brush.
The texture was smooth to the touch but more velvety and clay-like–dry but not dry and crumbly, just not nearly as wet to the touch or as emollient as the more shimmery Super Shocks are. I find the more matte Super Shocks to be a bit less forgiving over drier foundations or skin, so I’d recommend patting on top of freshly moisturized skin or on top of a satin or dewy foundation to avoid product lifting up.
The color applied evenly on top of my bare skin and blended out without too much effort, though I felt like most of the shimmer/sparkle got lost on my fingertip or in the brush. It wore well for nine hours before fading visibly to my eye.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Patrick Ta She's Sincere (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Bliss (P, $10.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Naturally Flawless (P, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Shy One (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Benefit Dallas (2020) (P, $17.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Vintage Rouge (P, $12.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC That's Peachy (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Zoeva CR040 (P, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Soft Peach (Left) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Golden Hour (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.