Once Upon a Dream
Colour Pop Once Upon a Dream Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) includes a soft, pink-peach highlighter paired with a bright, pinky red liquid lipstick. The two products can be purchased individually as well! The highlighter was a bit firmer than ideal, but it applied well enough and had good wear. The liquid lipstick was slightly more pigmented than marketed but applied evenly and lasted for almost six hours.
Coronation is a soft, peachy-pink with gold-to-pink shifting pearl that gave it a soft, pearly sheen. It had opaque pigmentation with a smooth, denser texture that was lightly creamy but worked better with moderately dense brushes in order to pick up product evenly. The powder applied well to bare skin and blended out without issue. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading on me.
- Colour Pop Velvet Rope (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Seductive Beauty (Highlight) (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Goody Two Choux (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light Rose (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Spanish Rose Glow (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Highlight #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Citrine (PiP, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fireball (P, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Girl Next Door (PiP, $36.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Moon Glow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Prince Phillip is a medium, pinky-red with cool, bluish undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was more pigmented than described (“medium buildable”), and it was buildable to nearly full coverage with a second layer.
The consistency was lightweight, like a watery gel that was thin but not overly wet, so it spread evenly across my lips and didn’t sink into my lip lines as it dried down. It didn’t seem to do much drying down when swatched on my arm, but it dried down noticeably on my lips to a mostly matte finish. I’d consider it more transfer-resistant than transfer-proof, as there was little left behind on my glass after drinking and lots of color behind, but it could be rubbed off a bit. It wore well for five and a half hours and was non-drying over time.
- Anastasia Tulip (P, $20.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Dragon Girl (P, $27.00) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Amplify (P, $22.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Red Hot (LE, $18.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Bloody Mary (P, $6.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bossy (LE, $5.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Feisty (P, $15.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Honey Pie (LE, $6.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Solo (P, $7.00) is darker (85% similar).
- NARS Cherry Bomb (LE, $26.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).