Beauty and the Beast
Colour Pop Beauty and the Beast Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) includes a soft, satiny pink blush paired with a muted, coral liquid lipstick. The blush was more pigmented than marketed–nearly opaque rather than buildable–while the liquid lipstick was just slightly more pigmented than marketed. Both products applied evenly, were easy to work with, and had good longevity. These products can also be purchased individually if preferred.
Enchanted Mirror is a soft, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and fine pearl woven for a satin finish. It appeared more matte in the pan, but there was a definitive satin finish on my skin after I buffed and blended out the powder. The texture was soft, lightly dusty in the pan, but it remained blendable and easy to work with. It had nearly opaque pigmentation, which was the “downside” as the brand’s blush formula is supposed to have buildable coverage. This shade stayed on well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
- Make Up For Ever B208 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Mojave Mauve (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Glossier Puff (P, $18.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Effect (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Zoeva PK020 (P, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- KIKO 109 Candy Rose (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Blush (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Pink Sand #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Catrice La Vie En Rose (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Beast is a muted, medium-dark coral with warmer undertones and a semi-matte finish. There seemed to barely-there, ultra-fine pearl throughout that helped give it a softer, more flattering finish that wasn’t as prone to emphasizing lip texture/lip lines.
It had just above medium coverage that was buildable to nearly opaque coverage with a second layer. The texture was lightweight, thin without being too watery, and it had a bit of a gel-like feel to it that helped it spread evenly across my lips. This shade didn’t dry down to a fully matte finish; it had to be blotted down/worn down to get to that soft matte finish. It wore nicely for five hours and felt neither drying nor hydrating over time.
- Kat Von D Double Dare (DC, $21.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Rose Kiss (LE, $37.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Tonka (P, $26.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Givenchy Nude Androgyne (P, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Walkyrie (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop CA Love (P, $7.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Spice (P, $18.00) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fade (P, $22.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Instigator (LE, $6.50) is lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Double Dare (P, $20.00) is lighter (85% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).