Between the Sheets
ColourPop Between the Sheets Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark coral with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had a drier, more clay-like texture that was less emollient, which I found made it harder to pick up with a brush as well as with a fingertip–the latter being the only manageable way to apply it decently. The color went on with semi-sheer color payoff when I applied with my fingertips, which I was able to build to about medium coverage. I wouldn’t apply a second layer over base products, as the drier feel of the blush seemed to make it more prone to lifting up base products. Once in place, it stayed on well for 10 hours without fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Mistletoe (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- bareMinerals Swoon (LE, $19.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Moira I Respect You (P, $8.50) is warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #215 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Georgia Peach (LE, $9.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Parfait (P, $32.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Chanel Intense Coral (P, $50.00) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- KIKO 102 Natural Pink (P, $12.00) is lighter, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B308 (P, $23.00) is brighter (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.