Coloured Raine Damage Control Highlighter and Blush Duo ($25.00 for 0.32 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that features a sparkling, peachy gold highlighter and a bright, deeper pink blush with a matte finish. Both shades had semi-opaque or better pigmentation that lasted between eight and nine hours on me, but the blush was on the thinner side and worked better over more matte skin (or matte/powdered base products) or else it was more challenging to blend out.
LELimited Edition. $25.00.
Damage Control (Highlighter)
Damage Control (Highlighter) is a brighter, light peachy gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a sparkling finish. If you’re not keen on sparkle/glitter in your highlighters, you’ll want to give this a miss. The texture was denser, more cream-like and a bit heavy in the pan, so it required a moderately dense brush and a heavier hand–a fan brush won’t pick up much product–to get an even amount of product to apply. It had opaque pigmentation that applied evenly and blended out nicely on my skin. It wore well for eight and a half hours but had some sparkle travel while worn.
- NARS Makatea (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- OFRA SoHo (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant (LE, $92.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Heaven in Your Smile (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #4 (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Golden Champagne (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Nightlight (LE, $20.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
Zinc Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica. May Contain +/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide (CI 77861).
Damage Control (Blush)
Damage Control (Blush) is a bright, medium-dark pink with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The texture felt thin, a bit drier in the pan, though it wasn’t overly powdery when I pressed my brush against the surface. It darkened slightly after it was initially applied, and it was a little harder to diffuse and blend out seamlessly over bare skin. I’d highly recommend dusting some translucent powder on top of your skin or your base products to give it a drier finish, which helped the blush blend out better. It stayed on well for nine hours on me before fading visibly.
- Colour Pop Early Bird (DC, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Sunset Beach (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Fearless (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Hyperfresh (360) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Buxom Ibiza (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Whistle While You Werk (LE, $7.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Pop (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Fleur Power (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mini Me (P, $8.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Kosas Longitude Zero (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethylhexanoin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain +/- FD&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1), FD&C Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FD&C Yellow No 5 Lake (CI 19140), D&C Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Ultramarines (CI 77007).