Chanel Rouge Memoire (224) Coco Stylo ($37.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark red with cool undertones and fine, ruby red pearl. It had good pigmentation, though it wasn’t quite opaque, with a smooth, even application that did not settle into my lip lines and actually made my lips appear smoother and plumper. It had a very creamy, balm-like consistency that was quite emollient and glided across the lips effortlessly. The formula was comfortable and hydrating to wear over the five hours the color lasted. There was a faint stain left behind as well.
The formula is supposed to offer the “intensity of a lipstick” with the “shine of a lipgloss” and “comfort of a lip balm.” The consistency of this formula was incredibly soft and melted against the lips, so it was easy to over-apply (and subsequently, easy to run through the product!) with an emollient quality found in lip balms. In general, color coverage was semi-opaque to opaque, with wear coming in at three to five hours, depending on the shade. The formula was comfortable to wear and very hydrating both during and after wear. The downside was that these types of twist-up lipsticks (in the slim casing) tend to contain noticeably less than a standard bullet lipstick (0.10 to 0.12 oz. usually!) and the more pliant formula made it easy to reapply and run it back and forth more than necessary (for the coverage). There was a light rose scent to the formula, subtler than the Rouge Allure lipsticks, though, with no discernible taste.
- Bobbi Brown Imperial Red (P, $37.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Como La Flor (LE, $19.50) is less glossy (95% similar).
- MAC MAC Red (P, $19.50) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Elegant (P, $15.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Carmin (LE, $37.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sancho (P, $18.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever Raspberry Red (401) (P, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Boldface (P, $32.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Naomi (LE, $36.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Cherry Frost (P, $0.99) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
Chanel Sepia (207) Rouge Coco Stylo ($37.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark plummy brown with warm undertones and a creamy, glossy finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation–it was one of the least pigmented shades I’ve tried from this range–that applied evenly. The lipstick had the same creamy, balm-like feel signature to the formula, but there seemed to be a bit of color that pulled into my lip lines. I think it was more even and smoother than I expected, given the sheerer coverage, but it only lasted for three hours. It was moisturizing while worn, at least!
- Estee Lauder Dangerous (P, $32.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Imperial (DC, $32.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Buxom Runaway (DC, $21.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Tanganyka (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Visionary (14) (P, $13.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Guerlain Forever Brown (305) (P, $37.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Shiseido Night Rose (203) (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Liquid (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Maybelline Untainted Spice (950) (P, $7.49) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Chanel Jeanne (408) (P, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).