Chanel Elegance (370) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a soft, medium-dark brown with warm, orange undertones and a satin sheen. The formula is supposed to be “soft” and “silky” with a radiant finish. Elegance had good color payoff–not quite opaque but definitely buildable to opaque coverage in two layers–with a soft, silky texture that didn’t kick up much excess powder in the pan. The blush blended out beautifully on the skin and gave it a natural sheen that did not look shimmery, just glowy. On me, it wore well for just over eight hours before fading.
- Dior Charnelle (459) (P, $44.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NYX Bronzed (P, $6.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- By Terry Savannah Love #5 (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Jersey (80) (P, $45.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Amaretto (LE, $32.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Model (LE, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Bronze Burst #2 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Black Opal Rose Gold (P, $8.95) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (Top) (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Essence Satin Love (P, $2.99) is lighter (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.