Chanel Elegance (370) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a soft, medium-dark brown with warm, orange undertones and a satin sheen. The formula is supposed to be “soft” and “silky” with a radiant finish. Elegance had good color payoff–not quite opaque but definitely buildable to opaque coverage in two layers–with a soft, silky texture that didn’t kick up much excess powder in the pan. The blush blended out beautifully on the skin and gave it a natural sheen that did not look shimmery, just glowy. On me, it wore well for just over eight hours before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX Bronzed (P, $6.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Charnelle (459) (P, $44.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Jersey (80) (P, $45.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- By Terry Savannah Love #5 (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Amaretto (LE, $32.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC I'm Not Blushing (Bottom) (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Love Joy (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Sunset Passione (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Bronze Burst #2 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Meteor Rite (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.