Chanel Reflex (82) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium-dark coral-orange with warm undertones and gold shimmer.
The Joues Contraste Blush formula is supposed to have a “silky, delicate texture” with “buildable coverage” that gives a “radiant glow.” This is one of four exclusives to Chanel’s website, though it has been released before (but I don’t remember having it). The texture of Reflex was silky, thin, but finely-milled and, surprisingly, blendable on the skin as the color diffused easily across the skin and had a soft, luminous sheen after buffing and working the powder into the skin. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage (two layers for true-to-pan color). On me, the blush wore well for eight hours before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Cle de Peau Persimmon (P, $60.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Zoeva CR030 (P, ) is more shimmery, cooler, better quality (95% similar).
- Too Faced I Will Always Love You (P, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Irresistible (210) (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Modern Mandarin (P, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Peachtwist (P, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Pink Mint (PiP, $6.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Tomato (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- NYX Menage a Trois (P, $15.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.