Anastasia Poet Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a muted, medium-dark mauve with neutral-to-warm undertones and a mostly matte finish. The consistency was slightly thicker than usual for the brand, though it was not thick overall. It was richly pigmented and yielded opaque coverage in one layer, as promised. It took longer to dry down, and I felt like it never quite finished drying down–it was a touch tacky for a couple of hours after application and took just as long to wear down to a truly flat, matte finish. This shade lasted for over six hours and was lightly drying overall.
The Liquid Lipstick is supposed to be an “ultra-saturated” formula that gives opaque coverage in “one swipe” that “stays put for hours.” I think the formula has improved over time, as some of the initial shades I tried were more problematic, but a lot of the newer shades have applied more evenly, been more opaque, and haven’t been quite as drying. The majority of shades are semi-opaque to opaque in a single layer, dry down evenly, and stay on for at least six hours, if not well beyond eight hours. I personally find most shades to be lightly to moderately drying over time.
- ColourPop Baracuda (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia #5 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Rapture (P, $18.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever M206 (DC, $22.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Ciate Pin Up (PiP, $19.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Veronica (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Marriage Material (P, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Concord Grape (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- Maybelline Mauve It (DC, $7.49) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Unbroken (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
Anastasia Tulip Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a vibrant, medium red with cool, pink undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in one layer, and the color applied evenly across the lips. There was enough time to maneuver the color across the lips and get crisper edges before it dried down, but it wasn’t an agonizing wait either. The texture was thin but not watery, which helped it spread well. I had very slight “cracking” at my deepest lip line, but it wasn’t noticeable from a normal viewing distance. This shade lasted for over eight hours on me but was drying.
- Danessa Myricks Bloom (P, $18.00) is darker, brighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Honey Pie (LE, $6.50) is darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Amplify (P, $22.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Haute Pants (P, $24.00) is darker, glossier (95% similar).
- ColourPop Prince Phillip (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Pomegranate (LE, $25.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarte Cheerleader (P, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Framboise Moi (LE, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Solo (P, $7.50) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Candy Cane (LE, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).