Zoeva Surreal Visionary Light Multi-Use Face Powder ($26.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium, coppery brown with moderate, warm undertones and flecks of cooler, aqua sparkle throughout that gave it a metallic finish. The texture felt smooth to the touch, but it was a bit more firmly-pressed into the pan to the point where it seemed stiff so it needed a moderate-to-heavy hand along with a moderately dense brush to pick up product evenly. On the flip side, there was no powderiness, and it was very easy to control how much product was picked up in a single layer.
It had opaque color coverage that applied fairly evenly bare skin, but it needed extra effort to diffuse along the edges. I noticed that the color deepened slightly when applied to my skin, so one might want to powder prior to applying to minimize it darkening/deepening. This shade stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX Glow (P, $6.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- rms beauty Madeira Bronzer (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bronze (P, $46.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunkissed Glow (P, $48.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Santos (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cloudy Copper (LE, $27.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Bronzed (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Rising Star (LE, $34.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Into Eternity (LE, $36.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- LORAC Spotlight (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$26.00/0.28 oz. - $92.86 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-blendable" with a consistency that will "melt" onto the skin with "pure color performance" and a "springy cream texture." I definitely wouldn't describe the texture as springy or creamy; it was a denser, more firmly-pressed product, so there was no powderiness, but it was more challenging to pick up product evenly with a brush. I also felt like this translated to application and spent more time on buffing and blending the color onto my skin for an even, seamless result.
The powder seemed to soften slightly after a few uses, and with a moderate-to-heavy hand paired with a moderate, more flat-topped (buffing) brush, I could get semi-opaque to opaque coverage in a single layer. They wore well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Zoeva Visionary Light Multi-Use Face Powder swatches.
Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexandiol, Tin Oxide, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Powder, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide).