Dream Obscene (03)
Tom Ford Dream Obscene (03) Lip Contour Duo ($53.00 for 0.08 oz.) contains a slim lip color with a twist-up “Lip Shaper,” where the lip color hides in the base of the component. This duo has a muted, medium-dark pink Lip Color paired with a gold-flecked, medium, cool pink Lip Shaper. The Lip Color was the highlight–good pigmentation, hydrating–but the Lip Shaper was painfully dry to use and wear.
The Lip Shaper is designed for enhancing and defining the lips, and it can be used to shape or “create an ombre effect” to the lips, while the lip color is supposed to be full coverage. Sadly, I really like the lip color formula in the duo; it’s very creamy, hydrating, and comfortable to wear with four to six-hour wear time, but the Lip Shaper formulation left a lot to be desired. I struggled with using the Lip Shapers as they often broke on me, as they were quite brittle, and the majority were very dry, so they tugged and dragged on the lips. They also had bits of sparkle, which did not work well for defining the edge of the lips nor did it work out for filling in the lips.
Get a shade-by-shade breakdown of this palette, along with individual photos and swatches…
Dream Obscene (Lip Color)
Dream Obscene (Lip Color) is a medium-dark pink with cooler undertones and a cream finish. The consistency was soft, light-medium in thickness with a creamy, moderately emollient feel that glided across the lips and was comfortable to wear. It had great pigmentation and lasted for four and a half hours, while the formula felt hydrating overall.
- Tom Ford Beauty Julian (P, $36.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Posh Pink (P, $37.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Lovelorn (P, $21.00) is lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever Cold Pink (203) (P, $20.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Obsessed (DC, $18.00) is darker, more muted, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Mauvember (DC, $24.00) is darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Tiny Chum (LE, $7.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Disobedient (DC, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Melted Fig (P, $21.00) is darker, glossier (85% similar).
- Urban Decay ZZ (DC, $18.00) is darker, brighter, cooler (80% similar).
PiPPermanent in Palette.
Dream Obscene (Lip Shaper)
Dream Obscene (Lip Shaper) is a muted, medium pink with cooler undertones and flecks of gold sparkle. This shade seemed to have less sparkle than other Lip Shapers in the range, but it was still an odd addition that made it harder and more uncomfortable to apply the already dried-out pencil. It just that stiff, dry feel of an old, expired lip product has. It tugged, dragged, and skipped on the lips–I could not get opaque coverage at all, and my lips felt raw after trying to apply it. Sure, what made it on the lips lasted for hours, but it was so clingy and difficult to wear (even under the lipstick).