Tom Ford Beauty Sublimate Shade & Illuminate Cheeks ($80.00 for 0.49 oz.) includes a cream highlighter and cream blush. The formula is touted as “super sheer,” and that’s what you get: incredibly sheer, almost translucent color. Both shades are sheer and barely-there with a dewy finish that never sets or dries down, and as a result, the wear was between three to four hours. Despite never setting, they didn’t feel tacky, just a little emollient to the touch, and can handle a powder being patted on top (though the dewiness went away completely). I wish they lasted longer, but as they have such short wear, it’s not a very practical product for most. I think this will be best for someone who doesn’t need their makeup to last long, has drier skin (perhaps it would last longer), and/or wants a sheerer base for their powder blushes.
Sublimate (Illuminate) is a translucent pink base with barely-there pearl. I couldn’t really see the pink base once I applied it to my skin, though someone with pinker undertones or a fairer complexion might see it. The consistency was smooth, creamy, and had moderate slip, so it applied easily to the skin and gave my skin a dewy, wet finish. The product did not dry down, and it had slid noticeably on the skin after three hours of wear.
Sublimate (Shade) is a muted, medium-dark rosy plum with subtle, cool undertones and a natural sheen. It looked like a cheek stain when applied, as it was translucent but very even. It did not dry down, so it remained glossy, a little wet on, though the wear time was only four hours. The cream blush was easy to blend out and impossible to overdo, as it didn’t layer or build-up pigmentation.
- Cle de Peau Cranberry (P, $60.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Love Thing (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- NARS Ferocious (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Berry (P, $30.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Restores Dazzle (LE, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Island Plum (P, $36.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Radiant in Rose (P, $24.00) is brighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Pale Fig (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Rose in Peace (LE, $4.99) is cooler (85% similar).
- Glossier Storm (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).