Tom Ford Beauty Scintillate Shade & Illuminate Cheeks ($80.00 for 0.49 oz.) includes a cream highlighter and cream blush. You get plenty of product in the compact, but the product itself is just that type of product that for someone will be essential and for many others, totally unnecessary and almost am “I don’t get it” kind of product. Both shades are sheer and barely-there with a dewy finish that never sets or dries down, and as a result, the wear was between three to four hours. The formula is, however, touted as “super sheer,” so the coverage level is as described. Despite never setting, they didn’t feel tacky, just a little emollient to the touch, and can handle a powder being patted on top (though the dewiness went away completely). I think this will be best for someone who doesn’t need their makeup to last long, has drier skin (perhaps it would last longer), and/or wants a sheerer base for their powder blushes.
LELimited Edition. $80.00.
Scintillate (Illuminate) is a light gold with a hint of fine, golden pearl. It had sheer coverage and gave more of a natural glow to the skin than visible shimmer. On very fair complexions, it might add warmth, but it did not appear to add any trace of color on my skin tone. The texture was creamy, blendable, and a little thin. It never dried down and lasted for three hours on me.
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $41.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Guerlain Liu (LE, $88.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Beach Babe (P, $36.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NYX Crystal Glare (P, $6.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Light/Medium (3) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Sunlit (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Tied Up (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Guilded Glow (P, $5.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (4) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
Scintillate (Shade) is a medium peachy coral with warm undertones and a dewy sheen. It yielded sheer coverage on my skin; a hint of color that was impossible to overdo (it did not build up). The consistency was creamy, thin without being too thin, blendable, and always looked wet on the skin. This shade wore well for three and a half hours on me.
- Sleek MakeUP OC (PiP, ) is brighter (95% similar).
- MAC Miss Cupcake (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Blush (PiP, ) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Megeve (Blush) (LE, ) is cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Aloha (P, $8.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Something Special (P, $21.00) is more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop 25/8 (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).