PSL Extra Whip
Sydney Grace PSL Extra Whip Highlighter ($12.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a bright, yellowed peach with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, lightly creamy texture that was soft without being too powdery or loosely pressed in the pan. The powder applied evenly to my skin and diffused with ease along the edges for a seamless application. It had a high-shine finish but didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. Keep in my mind, this particular hue seemed to blend in more with my actual skin tone but those who are lighter/darker may see more contrast. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize Glo (Highlighter) (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Main Attraction (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Euphoric Strobe Light (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Peach (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Spark (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coastin' (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Or Rose (LE, $70.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Girl Wonder (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin.
I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.