Alpen Glow (06)
Shiseido Alpen Glow (06) InnerGlow Cheek Powder ($29.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium coral with strong, orange undertones and a satin finish. It was intensely pigmented with a soft, silky consistency that was denser and more substantial than the other shades I tried within the formula. The blush applied well to bare skin with even application and was a cinch to diffuse and soften the edges for a seamless blend. It sat well on my skin and had a natural finish that looked subtly glowing on my cheek bone but more semi-matte on the apples of my cheek (it really did look like a highlighting blush!). This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me before fading, though the brand only marketed it as eight-hour wear (I love a reasonable wear-time claim!).
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Passion for Colour (LE, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Lumieres de Kyoto (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Oh You Pretty Things (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B306 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Zip (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Thinking of You (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Torrid (P, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Parfait (P, $32.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Under Pressure (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Love & Laughter (LE, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$29.00/0.14 oz. - $207.14 Per Ounce
According to the brand, it's a highlighting blush that "stay[s] put for eight hours" with "high color payoff and superior glide." The shades I tried were semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation with finishes that ranged from satin to metallic. I found that the most shimmery shade I tried, Inner Light, did emphasize my skin's natural texture, while the others did not. The powders had a smooth, almost creamy-like texture that was firmer in the pan (no excess product kicked up), but it picked up well with brushes, adhered to skin evenly, and blended with ease along the edges. The wear was between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Shiseido InnerGlow Cheek Powder swatches.
Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.