She's Hard to Get
Patrick Ta She’s Hard to Get Matte Suede Lipstick ($32.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a vivid, medium-dark fuchsia pink with cool, blue undertones and a mostly matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with a second layer.
The texture felt velvety, more like a silicone-based primer, as it glided readily across my lips but was thin, lightweight, and didn’t have any of that traditional creaminess (that feels almost wet). There was a bit of product that sank into my deeper lip lines, though the intensity of the color made it hard to tell in person. It stayed on nicely for over six hours, left a stain behind, and felt non-drying over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Make It Fashun (P, $24.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Tats (LE, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Menace (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Too Faced Troublemaker (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Good Kisser (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Jasmine (LE, $7.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Givenchy Fuchsia Angora (204) (P, $37.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Chanel La Romanesque (50) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Psycho Candy (LE, $40.00) is warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- Givenchy Framboise Couture (323) (P, $36.00) is more muted, glossier (85% similar).
$32.00/0.14 oz. - $228.57 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "fully loaded with pigment" and have a "powdery-soft, velvet finish." The texture was smooth, velvety, and creamy without a lot of shine or traditional slip--again, velvety!--of a typical lipstick but nowhere near as dry or as firm as a traditional matte lipstick either. They had rich color coverage in a single layer but felt very weightless on.
Half of the range sat fairly smoothly on my lips while the other half separated slightly along my deeper lip lines, which wasn't always enough to be noticeable in person. The colors applied evenly and were very long-wearing with most shades lasting over six hours on me and were neither drying nor hydrating over time. I didn't notice any scent or taste.
Browse all of our Patrick Ta Matte Suede Lipstick swatches.
Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Kaolin, Silica, Hydrogenated Styrene/Methyl Styrene/Indene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica, Laureth-4. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-]: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake).