Pat McGrath Divine Rose MatteTrance LipstickPat McGrath Divine Rose MatteTrance Lipstick ($38.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with warmer undertones and a cream finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, which applied evenly across my lips, but it had a fair amount of slip so it separated a bit along my lip lines. The consistency was smooth and velvety, which made it comfortable to apply and to wear. This shade lasted for four and a half hours on me and felt non-drying.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bobbi Brown Nude Reality (P, $37.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Scattered Petals (P, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever Brave Punch (162) (P, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Guerlain #05 (P, $33.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Petal (P, $18.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Fascinator (P, $55.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Fatale (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Name Drop (P, $7.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Tattle Tail (LE, $6.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Sultriness (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
$38.00/0.14 oz. - $271.43 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “richly pigmented” with “”supreme hydration” and “opulent matte opacity.” The consistency was smooth, velvety, and dense without being too firm for one-stroke, glide-on application (I found the original shades to be slightly firmer compared to more newly released shades). They had nearly opaque to opaque coverage in one layer and most were buildable.
They had a subtle sheen--more satin-to-cream in finish--that wore down to a natural matte finish within an hour or two of wear. The formula lasted between four and eight hours on me, and while most weren't drying, they aren't "supreme[ly" hydrating either. They are, however, comfortable to wear over a longer period of time and reapply well. There was no discernible scent or taste to the formula.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath MatteTrance Lipstick swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Dicalcium Phosphate, Paraffin, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcrystalline, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire De Carnauba, Kaolin, Nylon-12, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Squalane, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Synthetic Wax. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.