OFRA Sea Shimmer Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a bright, light copper with warm, rosy undertones and a high-shine, metallic finish. It was a shinier, more intense highlighter that emphasized my skin’s natural ever-so-slightly when worn alone had higher coverage. The consistency was smooth, almost cream-like, and felt very finely-milled without being powdery. It picked up well with a brush and applied evenly to bare skin, blending out with ease. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Ocean Glow (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Rose Gold (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Andalasia (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Surreal (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Promise (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Champagne Gold (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Morphe Boom (P, $14.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Artist Couture Yasss! (P, $27.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$29.00/0.35 oz. - $82.86 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "liquid to baked technology" that has "unparalleled pigment payoff" that can be used as a highlighter as well as an eyeshadow or as a blush topper." It's a very pigmented formula with a high-shine, metallic finish that will be most suitable for someone who wants an intense highlighter.
The texture was denser but not dry or difficult to work with, so it seemed to melt onto the skin the more I buffed and blended the highlighter on. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our OFRA Highlighter swatches.