OFRA Moondance Highlighter Review & Swatches
OFRA Moondance Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a pale, yellow gold with strong,w arm undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, and it had the intensity and ease of pick-up that made a little go a long way. The texture felt like a cream-powder to the touch, so the powder was smooth, creamy, and had no powderiness or excess kicked up in the pan. It applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Light #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- LORAC Daylight (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Light #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Pearl (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Silly Old Bear (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Wonder Who (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Gleam Sheen (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop You're a Trip (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Champagne (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- OFRA Star Island (P, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$29.00/0.35 oz. - $82.86 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "liquid to baked technology" that has "unparalleled pigment payoff" that can be used as a highlighter as well as an eyeshadow or as a blush topper." It's a very pigmented formula with a high-shine, metallic finish that will be most suitable for someone who wants an intense highlighter.
The texture was denser but not dry or difficult to work with, so it seemed to melt onto the skin the more I buffed and blended the highlighter on. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our OFRA Highlighter swatches.
Comments on this post are closed.
Moondance is a bright and lovely one! But one I have dupes for in 2 UD highlighters, Sin and Now’s The Time.
Offra make beautiful highlighters and this one looks like a dream to wear.
Ofra is AMAZING. so nice to have a highlight you can actually SEE! ?
The Ofra highlighters are so gorgeous, but I wish they were available through Sephora. My first and only Ulta cross-border experience did not go well and then chasing a refund for weeks was a waste of time. These have been a serious contender for aborting my standoff.. but I’m not there yet …
Ulta’s rewards are so good that I can pay $9.95 for 2-day shipping (so it goes air vs. ground, which is just… low success rate with powers), but it sounds like you didn’t even get your order 🙁